To be eligible for the Career Technical Education Pathways, high school students must meet the following criteria:
- Have a weighted GPA of 3.0 on high school courses or have the recommendation of the high school principal or his/her designee (PLAN scores should be considered); and,
- Have received career pathway information outlining program requirements for completion of the certificate or diploma.
To maintain eligibility for a continued enrollment, a student must:
- Continue to make progress toward high school graduation, and maintain a 2.0 in WCC College coursework after completing two courses. A student who falls below a 2.0 GPA after completing two college courses will be subject to the College’s policy for satisfactory academic progress.
Additional pathway information:
- A student may be awarded a certificate or diploma prior to high school graduation. The AAS may not be awarded prior to high school graduation verification.
- A student must enroll in one program of study and may not substitute courses in one program for courses in another. The student may change his or her program of study major with approval of the high school principal or his/her designee and the College’s chief student development administrator.
- A student may concurrently enroll in two CTE programs of study provided the exception has been approved by the College’s chief academic officer or his/her designee. With approval of the high school principal or his/her designee and the college’s chief student development administrator, a student may enroll in both a college transfer pathway program of study and a career technical education
program of study.
- A CTE student is not required to demonstrate college readiness on an assessment or placement test to be eligible for the program. However, some required courses may have developmental course pre-requisite requirements which must be met by demonstrating college readiness on an approved assessment or placement test. Students are encouraged to complete college readiness assessment prior to entry to the program. CCP students may NOT
enroll in developmental courses.
Career Technical Education (CTE) Eligibility Requirements Flyer