The College Transfer (CTP) Pathways
The College Transfer Pathways pathways include the Associate of Arts (AA) pathway and the Associate of Science (AS) pathway. The College Transfer pathway options are designed to earn credit toward an Associate Degree at the community college, which then will seamlessly transfer to a 4-year, NC Public College/University. Transfer credits satisfy the core, lower level general education requirements and are guaranteed by the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement. Many independent/private colleges have signed the Independent Articulation Agreement, to accept transfer credit as well.
General Eligibility Requirements for College Transfer Pathway (CTP)
- High School Junior or Senior
- Weighted GPA of 3.0 or Higher
- Meet Minimum Benchmark Criteria on Approved Assessment (PLAN, PSAT, ACT, SAT, Accuplacer, Asset, Compass, NC DAP, Pre-ACT)
General Eligibility Requirements for Provisional Enrollment in College Transfer Pathway (CTP)
- Weighted GPA of 3.5 or Higher
- Completed 2 Years of HS English with “C” or higher
- Completed HS Algebra II or Math 111 (or higher) with “C” or higher
- Written Approval for Provisional Enrollment from HS and WCC President or Designee
- Register only for college math and English courses
Specific Eligibility Requirements for College Transfer Pathway (CTP)
Students must achieve minimum proficiency benchmarks in approved assessments. See the College Transfer Pathway (CTP) Eligibility Requirements.