Continuing Education Student Eligibility
Eligible students must:
- Resident of NC
- Be enrolled in a Workforce Continuing Education (WCE) pathway/courses offered for 96 hours or more and leading to a State or industry-recognized credential. These pathways may consist of a single WCE course or a series of courses.
- Eligibility criteria include:
- is unemployed;
- has received notification of a pending layoff;
- is working and is eligible for the Federal Earned Income Tax Credit (FEITC); or
- is working and earning wages at or below two hundred percent (200%) of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Reside in a rural county that is tobacco dependent, or economically distressed, as determined by the Golden LEAF Foundation
Applicants will be selected based on financial needs and county of residence. Other selection factors may include:
- Effect of a declining Economy
- Owner of or employed in farming/agriculture business
- Owner of or employed in traditional industries (such as textile or furniture manufacturing)
- Household member lost their job or has gone from full-time to part-time employment
- Academic performance
- Campus activities and community service
Complete and submit the Golden LEAF Scholars Program – Two-Year Colleges application form to the WCC Continuing Education Office: Room B-105.