Wilson Community College will hold a walk-through graduation event to recognize 2021 Graduates.
Date: Friday May 21, 2021
Time: 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Location: Frank L. Eagles Community Business Center located on the Wilson Community College campus
In compliance with CDC guidelines and statewide directives, physical distancing, face coverings, and all applicable safety precautions will be observed.
Please sign up for the time you will attend, by completing the following form: https://forms.gle/MGLiWD28BFK4tUEV9
- Graduates walk through, with a maximum of four (4) guests. There will not be a procession, guest speaker, or audience.
- The Vice President for Academic Affairs will announce the graduate’s name, program, and any honors/awards.
- The President will present a symbolic diploma, graduates turn their tassel, and have photos taken.
- The event will be live-streamed on the College’s Facebook page at facebook.com/WilsonCommunityCollege.
Receipt of Degrees
- Degrees and diplomas will be mailed to the address listed on the graduation application, approximately 2-3 weeks after the end of the semester. Please request an official updated transcript, if proof of graduation is needed for transfer or employment.
- Students who need to update their mailing address should do so prior to the end of the semester, by contacting Courtney Williford at email@example.com or 252-246-1281.
Cap and Gowns
- Cap and Gowns are available for $38.95 plus tax and can be picked up in the WCC Bookstore.
- Students must show the verification email from Wendy Edwards that their graduation application has been processed before purchasing a cap and gown.
- For more information on cap and gowns contact Kaschia Spells at firstname.lastname@example.org or 252-246-1214.
Honor Cords and Stoles
- Honor cords for graduates with academic honors, veterans, and stoles for College-recognized honor societies will be distributed on May 18 and 19, between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., at the Student Development window in Building F. Please be sure to pick up any regalia you may be entitled to wear.
- Only College-approved regalia may be worn during the graduation ceremony.
All candidates for graduation must meet the following requirements:
- Meet all academic requirements for their major, OR have an approved plan to complete all major requirements, by the end of the Summer 2021 semester.
- Meet all financial obligations to the College and return all College property by the end of the Spring 2021 semester. Students with outstanding accounts cannot be issued a diploma, degree, or transcripts.
- Pay $25 graduation fee to the Business Office – required for all graduates. Proof of payment is required to order your cap and gown through the College Bookstore.
- Complete a graduate survey online at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3N5BQFP
- Federal loan exit counseling – federal regulations require all federal loan borrowers to complete exit counseling requirements no more than 30 days prior to the end of their enrollment. Graduates with direct loans who have not completed exit counseling by the end of their last semester, will not be able to receive their degree/diploma or transcripts. Please contact Patricia Pryor, Financial Aid Loan Officer, at email@example.com, or 252-246-1417 for more information.
- Graduates or guests needing special accommodations for the ceremony, such as a sign language interpreter or other services, should contact Jesse Sykes, Special Populations Counselor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (252) 246-1230.
- Please present any requests for accommodations no later than May 3, so that every reasonable effort can be made to provide the appropriate services.