Wilson Community College is a comprehensive community college and a proud member of the North Carolina Community College System. The College has an “open-door-policy”, which means that students are assisted in selecting programs that serve their needs and objectives in life, consistent with their background, aptitudes and expressed interests. Some programs have additional admissions requirements.
Admissions Procedures for New and Re-admitted Students
The following steps must be completed for admission to a curriculum program before official acceptance is granted:
- Go to www.ncresidency.org and select “Complete Residency Determination”
– Follow the steps to obtain a residency certification number (RCN).
- Submit an online application for admission
– Submit online using CFNC.org.
– Please note the username and password used to complete the residency determination and to complete the online application for admission will be the same. In addition, you will be unable to submit your application for admission without the RCN.
- Request official transcripts
– The College must receive an official (sealed) transcript from your high school, GED/Adult High School Equivalency, or Adult High School Diploma.
– Recent NC public high school graduates who apply through CFNC.org may request official transcripts for free when submitting their application.
– Official college transcripts submitted to the College will also be reviewed for credit transfer.
- Placement Testing
– You may need to take placement tests for English, reading, and/or math for proper course placement.
– To begin studying, please use the resources on our Placement Testing page.
- Apply for Financial Aid (highly encouraged)
– Please visit the FAFSA website to submit your application today.
– The Wilson Community College school code is 004845.
Information for Allied Health Students
Not Sure Where to Start? Let’s Look at Your Goals
- You want to earn an Associate Degree, Diploma, or Certificate and directly enter the workforce.
- You want an Associate Degree that will transfer to another college/university to finish a four-year degree (an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science).
- You want to take a course as a Special Credit student that will transfer back to another educational institution or want to pick up curriculum courses without enrolling in a degree program.
- You want to take courses for enrichment and continuing education.
- You want to complete your High School Equivalency Diploma.
- You need help deciding.
Do you have questions? We would love to help! Visit the Admissions office in Building F Room 100.
Contact an admissions specialist by phone at 252-246-1281, by email at email@example.com, or complete the form below.