Listed below are some of the recent additions we have made to our services in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
Campus Computer Access
Computers are available in the WCC Library for currently-enrolled students to complete coursework and assignments. Staff will be on hand to assist students as needed. For more information, visit the Library page at https://www.wilsoncc.edu/student-services/library/.
The College Food Pantry is open to provide students with microwavable meals, ready-to-eat snack items, and canned goods that can supplement food resources at home. Students can visit the Food Pantry in Building F on Wednesdays between 1:00-2:00 p.m. for walk-in pick-ups. Students who are experiencing more serious food insecurity from COVID-19 impacts may request emergency food assistance by emailing Joshua Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To assist currently-enrolled students who do not have a laptop or personal device to complete online coursework, the College has a limited number of laptops that can be checked out through the Library. For more information, visit the Library page at https://www.wilsoncc.edu/student-services/library/.
Online Library Services
The College Library has added multiple online services to serve students from a distance. A partial list of online services is listed below. For more information, visit the Library page at https://www.wilsoncc.edu/student-services/library/.
- 24-hour Chat with a Librarian
- Access to online databases for scholarly research
- NC LIVE
- Gale All-Access Resources
- Primal Pictures 3D Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Salem Press/Grey House Publishing
- StatRef! and Pharmacology World
- NC Building Codes
- Access to online magazines in various disciplines
- Popular Mechanics
- PC World
- Nursery World
- Artist’s Back to Basics
- The Family Handyman
- Consumer Reports
- Communication Arts
- American History
- Fine Homebuilding
- Welding Journal
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Popular Science
- and more!
For more information, visit the Library page at https://www.wilsoncc.edu/student-services/library/.
Moodle Support for Students
Support is available for students taking online courses, or if students are having trouble getting started in Moodle.
- A Moodle Quick Start Guide is available to assist you in accessing Moodle for the first time.
- Once you get access to Moodle, complete the Moodle-101-for-Students course in your “My Courses” list in Moodle to learn the basics on navigating and submitting coursework.
- If you are still having difficulty with Moodle, you can schedule a virtual one-on-one session with Kelly Ellis, Instructional Support Technician, for additional help navigating Moodle and getting started in your classes. Go to the Moodle Support Bookings Calendar to schedule a virtual appointment with Kelly Ellis.
Online Bookstore Services
The College Bookstore is available for students to purchase books online, charge purchases to financial aid, and mail out books to students. For more information, visit the College Bookstore at https://bookstore.wilsoncc.edu/.
Student Assistance Program
Wilson Community College is sponsoring a Student Assistance Program to provide students with support resources to address school-related challenges and concerns. This service is confidential and free to students and members of their household. For more information, visit the Student Assistance Program page at https://www.wilsoncc.edu/student-services/student-assistance-program/.
To protect the health and safety of our students and employees, advising and registration services are provided remotely by e-mail, phone, or through videoconferencing.
- Students who come to campus for advising and registration should go to the College Library, located in Building D, and sign in for a virtual advising session with a STARS Center Advisor or a College Transfer Advisor (first-time students only).
- Continuing and returning College Transfer students should go to room C-200 for virtual advising.
Virtual advising is available during active registration periods only. For more information, visit the Registration page at https://www.wilsoncc.edu/cu-registration/.
Virtual tutoring is available for students who need additional assistance in math, English, medical office administration, and surgical technology courses. For more information, visit the Virtual Tutoring page at https://www.wilsoncc.edu/virtual-tutoring/.
Wilson Community College has partnered with Greenlight to provide free WiFi access for students in the parking lot in front of Building A off of Herring Avenue and behind the Library, Building D, off of Ward Blvd. Signs will mark the areas where free WiFi is available. Students are welcome to sit in their vehicles to access WiFi to complete coursework. Specific WiFi access areas are outlined in the map below. Connect to “CityofWilson_FreeWifi” with no password required.