Registration is open for any available class up to one (1) business day prior to the date of the first scheduled class. No registrations will be taken in the classroom.
Exception: The Small Business Center accepts online registrations up to two hours prior to the event and allows for walk-in registrations when seating is available.
MAIL-IN registrations must be received in the Continuing Education Office one (1) business day prior to the date of the first scheduled class. These registrations will be processed the day following receipt.
Students should mail a completed registration form with payment by check or money order, made payable to Wilson Community College.
Division of Continuing Education
Wilson Community College
PO Box 4305
Wilson, NC 27893-0305
Pre-registration is required for on-campus continuing education classes and is open for any available class up to one (1) business day prior to the start date of the class. Registration will not be taken during the first scheduled class. Note: This excludes basic skills, HRD, and off-campus classes.
Registration can be completed in person or by completing and mailing or faxing a completed registration form to the Division of Continuing Education. Payment of registration and fees is due at the time of registration.
For registration procedures, contact the Division of Continuing Education at (252) 291-1195.
Information regarding individual course fees is available through the Continuing Education Division.
- A 100% refund shall be made for occupational extension (OE) courses if the student officially withdraws from the class before the first class meeting by submitting a course withdrawal form.
- Technology Fess and Security/Parking Fees are refunded if the student is entitled to a 100% tuition refund.
- A 75 percent refund shall be made for occupational extension (OE) courses if the student officially withdraws or is officially withdrawn by the college from the course section prior to or on the 10 percent date of the scheduled hours of the course section. Note: This applies to all course sections except course sections that begin and end on the same calendar day. 1E SBCCC 900.2 (b) (3).
- Course withdrawal forms are available in the Continuing Education office. A full refund shall be made for classes canceled by the College. In the event the College cancels a class, no written request is necessary.
- There are no refunds for community service self-supporting classes unless the course is canceled by the College.
- Allow 4 – 6 weeks for processing refunds.
Course transfers are allowed if the transfer occurs prior to the beginning date of the classes involved. In addition, if a student is registered in a class that cancels and wishes to transfer to another class, the class in which the student wishes to transfer must not have reached the 10% point of the class, the class must be of a like kind i.e., Occupational Extension to Occupational Extension or Community Service to Community Service, and in the event that the hours of the classes differ, the student must pay any additional applicable fees.
A security fee of $15.00, due at the time of registration, is charged to students enrolled in on-campus Continuing Education classes scheduled to meet 16 hours or longer.
A technology fee of $5.00, due at the time of registration, is charged to Continuing Education students enrolled in any on-campus Occupational Extension class scheduled to meet 9-hours or longer or any online class.
A course may be canceled if fewer than 10 persons enroll.
To be eligible to enroll in courses of the College, students must be 18 years of age, or secure their principal’s permission if they are 16 or 17 years of age and enrolled in high school.
NOTE: Some programs have age requirements set by external agencies. Students must meet the certifying agencies age requirements (i.e. Nurse Aide I and II, Fire Academy, EMT, BLET). *The student cost is subject to change.
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the College is required to share required textbook information with students at the time they register for classes. This information includes the ISBN number and retail price. If the ISBN number is not available, the College must provide the author, title, publisher, and copyright date. This information can be found on the College’s online Bookstore.