As you work diligently to prepare your courses for online delivery, check this page frequently for resources that may assist you in this process.
Only use what you are comfortable with, this is not the time to implement technology that you or your students are not already familiar with, unless it is necessary to maintain quality instruction.
- Cengage Resources
- Pearson Resources
- McGraw-Hill Resources
- NCCCS VLC Online Teaching Resources
- ACUE Online Teaching Toolkit
- ACUE Effective Online Instruction Webinars – NEW
Creating Instructional Content in Moodle
- How to add Labels
- How to add Pages
- How to add Files and Folders
- How to add URLs
- How to add Forums
- How to add Assignments
- How to add Quizzes UPDATED
- How to use the Chat activity
- How to use the Collaborate activity
- Using Choice, Feedback, and Questionnaire for student engagement
Moodle Course Management
- How to import course content
- How to use the Dates Report to update due dates
- How to set up an Enrollment Verification Quiz for NT, HY, and BL courses UPDATED
- How to view Course Participants
- How to manage Course Announcements
- How to add User Overrides
- How to use Completion Tracking
- How to set up Restrict Access
- How to view logs of Student Activity
- How to report Census Data
Moodle Grade Management
- How to set up a weighted grade system in the Gradebook
- Course Grade Settings tab
- How to Drop the Lowest Grade from a category
- How to view grades for dropped students
- How to Include Empty Grades in the Gradebook NEW
- How to Add a Final Grade Column Gradebook NEW
- How to Add an Extra Attempts on Assignment Activities NEW
- How to access course rosters in Student Planning
- How to access course rosters in WebAdvisor
- How to Log into Google Forms
- How to Access Skype for Business for Students
Best Practices for Teaching Online During a Crisis
- Communication is key and should occur frequently. Acknowledgment of what everybody is going through collectively is really important.
- Teacher presence is important. Participate in discussion forums, reply to emails, grade student work and post feedback in the Moodle Gradebook.
- Flexibility with assignments and deadlines. Offer multiple ways for students to complete an assignment.
- Student Support – nudge students that are not logging in to Moodle regularly.