Check your College Email and your Moodle class(es) frequently for updated information.
How to Use Moodle
Students who are not familiar with online learning are encouraged to review the Moodle 101 for Students course in Moodle. For your convenience, links to the documentation on how to perform the most common tasks are provided below.
How to Access Skype for Business for Students
How to Download and Access Skype for Business for Students
How to Access College Email
How to Access College Email and Campus Alerts
Academic Support Resources
College Provided Support Resources
- Food Pantry – The College Food Pantry is open to provide students with microwavable meals/ready-to-eat snack items (ramen noodles, granola bars, crackers, etc.), and some canned goods, that can supplement food resources at home. Students can visit the Food Pantry in Building F on Wednesdays between 1:00-2:00 p.m. for walk-in pick-ups. Students who are experiencing more serious food insecurity from COVID-19 impacts may request emergency food assistance by emailing Joshua Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Laptop Checkout – To assist currently enrolled students who do not have a laptop or personal device to complete coursework online, the College has a limited number of laptops that can be checked out through the Library. For more information visit the Library page at https://www.wilsoncc.edu/student-services/library/.
- Computer Lab Access – An open computer lab in the Library is also available for currently enrolled students to complete coursework and assignments for Spring classes. Staff will be on hand to assist students as needed. For more information visit the Library page at https://www.wilsoncc.edu/student-services/library/.
Community and Mental Health Resources
- NC Community College System COVID-19 Response Resources
- Crisis Call Center through Eastpointe can be reached at 1-800-913-6109
- National Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990 offers crisis counseling and emotional support 24 hours a day for anyone experiencing distress or other mental health concerns during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK offers free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources and best practices for professionals
The advisors in the STARS Center want you to know that we are here to guide you through the transition to online classes. Online learning can be a challenge, especially if you are accustomed to coming to campus to learn, study, and engage with instructors and classmates. We want you to know that we recognize the challenge and we are here for you.
Please email or call us with questions or issues that arise during this time; if we do not know the answer, we will find it and connect you with the right resource. This is an unprecedented time for our college and our community, and we are here to help guide you through it! Together we can do this!
Frequently Asked Questions for Students
Yes, curriculum classes are continuing as planned, primarily in an online format. Your instructor will communicate specific instructions through Moodle.
Login to your College Email by going to the Wilson Community College website at https://www.wilsoncc.edu and click Email at the top of the page, or go directly to the Office 365 portal at https://portal.office.com.
- WCC Student Email addresses use the following format: email@example.com.
- Your username is the first letter of your firstname, first letter of your lastname, and the last four digits of your Student
- Example: John Student,
- Student ID# 0123456
- Username: js3456
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Uppercase first letter of lastname, lowercase second letter of lastname, six-digit birthdate.
- Example: St052478
- Birthdate May 24, 1978
Start by completing the Moodle 101 for Students course, available after logging into Moodle. (Use the same username and password as College email.)
The College has a limited number of laptops that can be checked out through the Library.
An open computer lab is available in the Library for currently enrolled students to complete coursework.
For more more information visit https://www.wilsoncc.edu/student-services/library/.
Check your Moodle class and if you still have questions, email your instructor.