Are you looking for an opportunity to earn course credit over the holiday break? If so, make Wilson Community College your home for the holidays.
A Holiday Semester with 5 week online courses will run from December 3, 2018 – January 4, 2019.
- Registration for this term is November 5-28, 2018. Payment due by 4:00 p.m. on November 28, 2018.
- Classes start December 3, 2018.
- Last day to request a refund is December 5, 2018
|BUS-110-MMNT1||Introduction to Business||Brent Wynne|
|ECO-251-MMNT1||Principles of Microeconomics||Alan Leonard|
|EDU-261-MMNT1||Early Childhood Admin I||Lori Coburn|
|HIS-131-MMNT1||American History I||Jeffrey Wilhelm|
|HUM-115-MMNT1||Critical Thinking||Thomas Riley|
|MAT-152-MMNT1||Statistical Methods I||Travis Flewelling|
|MUS-112-MMNT1||Introduction to Jazz||Sandy Pittman|
|PSY-150-MMNT1||General Psychology||Joseph Dlugos|
|SOC-210-MMNT1||Introduction to Sociology||Angela Decuzzi|
The College reserves the right to cancel classes with low enrollment.
- Go to www.ncresidency.org and select “Complete Residency Determination”
- Follow the steps to obtain a residency certification number (RCN).
- Submit an online application for admission at CFNC.org
- Please note the username and password used to complete the residency determination and to complete the online application for admission will be the same. In addition, you will be unable to submit your application for admission without the RCN.
- When selecting a program during the application process, choose “special credit”.
- Meeting Pre-requisite Requirements
- If a course has pre-requisites, you must provide proof of completion of the required pre-requisite through an official or unofficial college transcript.
- To take English and Math courses, you must provide one of the following:
- A high school transcript with a graduation date within the last five years, a 2.6 GPA, and a qualifying fourth level math.
- Qualifying placement test scores taken within the last five years.
- Qualifying ACT or SAT scores taken within the last five years.
- A college transcript with proof of completion of all required development coursework or completion of an equivalent college level Math or English course that has been evaluated and approved by the Director of Enrollment Services/Registrar.
Contact any advisor in the STARS Center in Building F to register. Registration can be done in person, by phone, or through email. (Online registration is not available for this term.)
Hours Available to Register: Mon-Thurs 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Fri 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
The cost for in-state tuition and fees is $269.54 for a three-credit-hour course, and $347.72 for a four-credit-hour course. This does not include the cost of textbooks. For more information on Tuition and Fees visit https://www.wilsoncc.edu/student-development/admission/tuition-fees/.
Since most students taking Holiday Semester courses will be classified as special credit (non-degree seeking), financial aid may not apply. Students should be prepared to pay out-of-pocket, see payment due dates below.
- Payment for Holiday Semester courses is due by 4:00 p.m. on November 28, 2018.
For students who receive financial aid, Holiday Semester courses are included in measuring Satisfactory Academic Progress, even if financial aid is not used to cover the cost of tuition and fees.
Student Login Information
- You can access all technology services through the links at the top of the WCC website at http://www.wilsoncc.edu.
- Students taking online courses access their course materials through Moodle.
- Username – firstname initial, lastname initial, last four digits of WCC Student ID number.
- Moodle Username Example: jd3456
- Email (Office 365) Username Example: email@example.com
- Default Password – uppercase first letter of lastname, lowercase second letter of last name, 6-digit birthdate.
- Default Password Example: Do052478
- Your WCC Student ID can be found on your registration form, schedule, or Student ID card.
Technology Support Services
- Password Resets: You can reset your password at https://reset.wilsoncc.edu/.
- On-Campus Support (M-Th 8-5, Fri 8-3): firstname.lastname@example.org or 252-246-1224 or stop by room A106.
- After Hours Support (24 Hrs): https://help.edusupportcenter.com/shplite/wilsoncc/home or 1-866-827-5730.
Moodle and Online Learning
- Moodle is where students login to access coursework and complete course evaluations for curriculum courses.
- Internet access is required for all curriculum courses.
- Courses will be available in Moodle on the first day of the term, December 3, 2018 by 8:00 a.m.
- Enrollment Verification – All students taking online courses must login to Moodle and complete an activity in each online course by the census date (December 5, 2018) in order to verify enrollment and remain in the course. Failure to complete an activity in Moodle by the census date in each online course will result in being dropped from the course.
- Moodle 101 Student Training is recommended for all students to become familiar with how to navigate and submit activities through Moodle. Go to https://moodle.wilsoncc.edu, login, and click the Moodle 101 Student Training.