Registration for classes is conducted at the beginning of each fall, spring, and summer semester, as listed in the academic calendar. Actual dates and times are posted on campus and on the College’s website, advertised in local media, and mailed to new and continuing students. Registration for classes is not complete until tuition and fees are paid by the student, financial aid, or a third-party sponsor.
Eligible students must meet with their academic advisors to register and are encouraged to early register. The College considers the academic advising process to be a valuable resource for students as they plan their class schedules each semester. With the advent of WebAdvisor and Student Planning, most students will be able to register for classes online, after having met with their advisors. Students who early register or register for classes, are approved for financial aid, and find that they will be unable to attend must officially withdraw from those classes. Otherwise, their financial aid award will be charged for the tuition and fees and the student may be liable for repayment to the aid-funding source should they fail to attend. (See Drop Procedure and Tuition Refund policies)
Requests for new registrations after the last date to register will be considered only when the College has contributed in some real and meaningful way to the student’s inability to register during the set period or the student’s inability to register was extraordinary, unforeseeable, and beyond the control of the student. Such requests should be made to the Executive Dean of Student Development. The decision of the Executive Dean of Student Development is final.
- All new students are required to attend an orientation session conducted by the STARS Center.
- Bring your pink Admissions Interview Report with you to orientation.
- Students must pay their tuition and fees the same day they register for classes, except…Students who early register must pay tuition and fees by the last day of class for the current semester. Click on the calendar links to the right to see the date for this semester.
- Students finding it necessary to withdraw from classes must do so officially.
- Photo identification cards will be available in Building F during registration periods.
- Special Credit students must provide documentation that they meet course prerequisites.
Continuing Students will now be able to register online through WebAdvisor .You still need to see your advisor and you will need to pay by the last day of class for the current semester. Click on the calendar links to the right to see the date for this semester. If you have not enrolled in curriculum classes for two or more semesters, you will need to be readmitted.
Methods of Registration for continuing students
- Online via WebAdvisor:
- After meeting with your advisor, log in to WebAdvisor.This can be done from your home computer or from the open lab on campus. Only eligible currently enrolled students can register through WebAdvisor.
- In person with your academic advisor:
- Make an appointment with your advisor to register for classes. If you prefer for the advisor to enter your schedule, just let them know.