The Wellness Infusion Initiative is a campus-wide initiative that seeks to infuse wellness into campus culture at Wilson Community College. The project aims to increase student and employee access to wellness resources through the establishment of a campus food pantry and recreation library. These resources will be accompanied by promotional community outreach events and educational opportunities.
- Hello 2018! Fitness Tracker Contest – 1/22/18 – 1/26/18
- Zumba Class – 2/21/18 at 3:00 p.m. in G237
- Yoga – 3/7/18 at 11:00 a.m. in G237
- 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament – 3/21/18 at 2:30 p.m.
- Spring Fling Dance-Off – 4/17/18
- Healthy Food Cook-Off – TBD
- The WCC Food Pantry is open to any student with a valid Wilson Community College ID.
- Students must complete a short intake form during their initial visit, and show their student ID for following visits.
- Students may visit the pantry once per week to receive a bag of food.
- Hours of operation and food distribution are contingent upon availability of supplies.
- The pantry is located in the F-Building in Student Development, F-100. Check-in with the front desk if visiting outside of official pantry hours.
- Wednesdays 1 p.m. – 2p.m.
- Emergency pick-ups can be made anytime during normal business hours, check-in at the Student Development window.
- College Holidays- The pantry is closed.
Donations are welcome!
We appreciate donations of non-perishable food items and hygiene items. They can be dropped off at the pantry in the F-Building in Student Development, F-100, or in the collection bin located in the G-Building outside of the SGA Office. Please be sure items are in good condition and have not expired.
Monetary donations through the Wilson Community College Foundation are also accepted and much appreciated. You may make a donation by mailing a check to the Foundation. Be sure to specify that you want the donation to be used for the WCC Food Pantry.
- Starch: boxed potatoes, noodles, mac & cheese, pasta meals, rice (brown, white, flavored), quinoa, cornbread mix, etc.
- Protein: canned chicken, salmon, peanut butter, beans, etc.
- Fruit: canned all varieties, juice and jellies
- Vegetables: canned all varieties, soups
- Ready to eat: breakfast bars, granola bars, fruit cups, tuna salad packets, nabs, snack boxes of raisins, etc.
- Personal hygiene: deodorant, toothpaste, feminine products, shampoo, body wash, etc.
Wilson CC offices, departments and divisions, and classes can choose to sponsor a specific shelf in the pantry and collect items to sustain their shelf throughout the year.