Are you looking for an opportunity to earn course credit over the winter break? If so, Wilson Community College is here for you.
A Winter semester with 5 week online courses will run from December 1, 2021 – January 3, 2022.
- Regular Registration for this term is November 8-30, 2021.
- Payment is due by 4:00 p.m. on November 30, 2021 for Regular Registered students.
- Late Registration/Schedule Adjustment for this term is December 1-2, 2021.
- Payment is due by 4:00 p.m. on December 2, 2021 for Late Registered/Schedule Adjusted students.
- Classes start December 1, 2021.
- Last day to request a refund is December 3, 2021.
|ACA-111-MMNT1||College Student Success||Stephanie Winstead|
|ACA-122-MMNT1||College Transfer Success||Tammy Summerlin|
|ACC-120-MMNT1||Principles of Financial Accounting||Stephanie Meadows|
|ACC-121-MMNT1||Principles of Managerial Accounting||Stephanie Meadows|
|ART-111-MMNT1||Art Appreciation||Josiah King|
|BIO-168-MMNT1||Anatomy and Physiology I||Mickey Adams|
|BIO-168-MMNT2||Anatomy and Physiology I||Shelly Watkins|
|BIO-169-MMNT1||Anatomy and Physiology II||Lee Anne Daughtry|
|BUS-110-MMNT1||Introduction to Business||Alan Leonard|
|BUS-115-MMNT1||Business Law I||Wendy Grode|
|BUS-137-MMNT1||Principles of Management||Wes Hill|
|CIS-110-MMNT1||Introduction to Computers||Martin Holloway|
|COM-231-MMNT1||Public Speaking||Rachel Stephens|
|ECO-251-MMNT1||Principles of Microeconomics||Alan Leonard|
|EDU-144-MMNT1||Child Development I||Lori Coburn|
|EDU-151-MMNT1||Creative Activities||Laura Smith|
|ENG-111-MMNT1||Writing and Inquiry||Tammy Summerlin|
|HIS-131-MMNT1||American History I||Jeff Wilhelm|
|HUM-115-MMNT1||Critical Thinking||Tom Riley|
|MAT-143-MMNT1||Quantitative Literacy||Christie Wuebbles|
|MAT-152-MMNT1||Statistical Methods I||Travis Flewelling|
|MAT-171-MMNT1||Precalculus Algebra||Angelina Knies|
|MUS-112-MMNT1||Introduction to Jazz||Sandy Pittman|
|PED-110-MMNT1||Fit and Well for Life||Joanna Stegall|
|PSY-150-MMNT1||General Psychology||Belinda McFerren|
|PSY-241-MMNT1||Developmental Psychology||Steven Dammer|
|SOC-210-MMNT1||Introduction to Sociology||Shandrika McNair-Williams|
|SPA-111-MMNT1||Elementary Spanish I||Luis Benavent|
|SPA-112-MMNT1||Elementary Spanish II||Luis Benavent|
|SPA-211-MMNT1||Intermediate Spanish I||Luis Ayarza|
The College reserves the right to cancel classes with low enrollment.
How To Enroll
Visit the Special Credit Enrollment page to enroll and register.
For more information contact:
Tuition and Fees
The cost for in-state tuition and fees is $269.54 for a three-credit-hour course, and $347.72 for a four-credit-hour course. This does not include the cost of textbooks. For more information on Tuition and Fees visit the Tuition and Fees page on our website.
Since most students taking Winter semester courses will be classified as special credit (non-degree seeking), financial aid may not apply. Students should be prepared to pay out-of-pocket, see payment due dates above.
For students who receive financial aid, Winter semester courses are included in measuring Satisfactory Academic Progress, even if financial aid is not used to cover the cost of tuition and fees.
Getting Started in your Online Class
Student Login Information
- You can access all technology services through the links at the top of the WCC website at https://www.wilsoncc.edu.
- Students taking online courses access their course materials through Moodle.
- Username – firstname initial, lastname initial, last four digits of WCC Student ID number.
- Moodle Username Example: jd3456
- Email (Office 365) Username Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Default Password – uppercase first letter of lastname, lowercase second letter of last name, 6-digit birthdate.
- Default Password Example: Do052478
- Your WCC Student ID can be found on your registration form, schedule, or Student ID card.
Technology Support Services
- Password Resets: You can reset your password at https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com/ .
- On-Campus Support (M-Th 8-5): email@example.com or 252-246-1224 or stop by room A106.
- After Hours Support (24 Hrs): https://help.edusupportcenter.com/shplite/wilsoncc/home or 1-866-827-5730.
Moodle and Online Learning
- Moodle is where students login to access coursework and complete course evaluations for curriculum courses.
- Internet access is required for all curriculum courses.
- Courses will be available in Moodle on the first day of the term, December 1, 2021 by 8:00 a.m.
- Enrollment Verification – All students taking online courses must login to Moodle and complete an enrollment quiz in each online course by the census date (December 3, 2021) in order to verify enrollment and remain in the course. Failure to complete the enrollment quiz in Moodle by the census date in each online course will result in being dropped from the course.
- Moodle 101 Student Training is recommended for all students to become familiar with how to navigate and submit activities through Moodle. Go to https://moodle.wilsoncc.edu, login, and click the Moodle 101 Student Training.