Textbooks for Wilson CC courses may be purchased at the Wilson CC Bookstore. See Wilson CC Bookstore for more information.
Wilson CC recommends the following computer hardware and software for student success. Mobile devices, such as tablets or smartphones, may not be sufficient for completing required coursework. Some courses may require additional hardware or software, please check the course requirements posted in Moodle or on the syllabus, or contact the instructor or dean. It is the responsibility of the student to have access to the required hardware/software.
- PC or Mac with updated operating system and antivirus protection.
- Multimedia – speakers, microphone, and webcam are recommended and may be required in some courses
Additional Computer Software
- Latest version of Microsoft Office – Wilson CC offers free downloads of the latest version of Microsoft Office and Office 365 to all students and employees at http://www.office.com/getOffice365.
- PDF reader – download free at https://get.adobe.com/reader/. (Note: Uncheck the Optional Offers checkboxes at the Adobe Reader download site to avoid downloading unwanted software).
- Reliable, high speed Internet access.
- Up-to-date version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari. You can check to see which browser you are currently using by going to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/.
All students must verify their enrollment in each course, by the census date, to avoid being dropped from a course.
Online (NT) – Students must complete a quiz in Moodle, by the census date, to verify enrollment.
Hybrid (HY) – Students in a hybrid course can either attend class by the census date, or complete a quiz in Moodle, by the census date, to verify enrollment.
Blended (BL) – Students in a blended course can either attend class by the census date, or complete a quiz in Moodle, by the census date, to verify enrollment.
Traditional seated courses – Students must attend class, by the census date, to verify enrollment.
Students that do not meet enrollment verification guidelines, by the census date, will be dropped from the course as a No Show.