Wilson Community College (WCC) is a member of the North Carolina Community College System. The College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Wilson Community College.
The College is also recognized and approved by:
- The North Carolina State Board of Community Colleges
- The North Carolina Community College System
- The North Carolina Department of Public Instruction
The Associate Degree Nursing and Practical Nursing Education programs are approved by:
- The North Carolina Board of Nursing
The Surgical Technology Program is accredited by:
- The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) through the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARC/STSA): 1361 Park Street Clearwater, FL 33756 phone 727-210-2350.
The Paralegal Technology Program is designated as a qualified paralegal studies program by:
- The North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification.
The College’s Continuing Education Division is certified and/or approved by:
- NC Department of Health and Human Services (Nurse Aide I and Nurse Aide Refresher)
- NC Board of Nursing (Nurse Aide II)
- NC Office of Emergency Services (EMR, EMT, AEMT, Paramedic and Con Ed)
- NC Criminal Justice Training and Standards Commission (B.L.E.T., Radar Certification and Instructor Training)
- NC Sheriffs’ Education and Training Standards Commission (Detention Officer)
- NC Fire and Rescue Commission (Fire/Rescue Training)
At WCC, we have an open door admissions policy. We offer evening, online, and traditional class options to meet your schedule.
The main campus of Wilson Community College is located at 902 Herring Avenue, Wilson, NC. It is just off US Highway 301 and is easily accessible from NC Highway 58, US Highway 264, and I-95. The Lee Technology Center campus, which houses our automotive and applied engineering technologies programs, is located on the corner of US Highway 301 and Ward Boulevard.
We are proud to be YOUR community college!