The College has a limited number of laptops available for checkout to currently enrolled students to complete coursework.
The Wilson Community College library is serving students who are enrolled for the current semester. Students are served on a first come, first served basis. 20 computer stations are available. Students must show a picture ID for entry.
The Library is open during posted hours for currently enrolled students to access computers to complete coursework. Staff will be on hand to assist students as needed.
The College has an institutional site license for Chronicle.com that allows all employees and students to access in-depth articles about current issues faced by colleges and universities.
If You’re On Campus:
- Simply go to Chronicle.com for complete access.
If You’re Off Campus:
- Go to Chronicle.com and click on the “Log In” link at top, right-hand side of the web page.
- Choose the “Create an account now” option.
- Enter and confirm your campus e-mail address, then follow the steps on the account setup pages.
The College has an institutional site license for Academic Leader that provides the information deans, chairs, and other academic decision-makers use for effective leadership within their departments and fulfill their institution’s primary missions of teaching and scholarship.
To access on-campus:
- Simply go to https://www.academic-leader.com/ for complete access.
To access off-campus:
- Request access by emailing Kelly Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Users can now access digital versions of popular magazine titles that the college has purchased a subscription for.
- Access is automatic on-campus.
- Users will be prompted to login with their college-issued email credentials if accessing from off-campus
- 26 titles are available
- Click the Flipster logo to see all titles, or click a specific title in the rotation to go directly to that title.
Online Research Options
The Wilson Community College Library subscribes to various electronic databases that students can use to research multiple topics. Explore the options available below:
Search the entire CCLINC Online Catalog
Explore print and electronic resources at other NC Community Colleges.
Gale All-Access Resources
This collection provides students, researchers, and instructors with electronic access to a vast number of scholarly and professional journals.
Primal Pictures 3D Human Anatomy & Physiology
Provides 3D interactive videos, narrated animations, extensive anatomy and physiology content, common clinical conditions, case studies and quizzes.
Grey House Publishing
Explore online collections on literature, history, science, health, business, and much more.
Stat!Ref e-book Collection and Pharmacology World
An intuitive, full-text healthcare Library with 600+ titles in over 50 disciplines. Access BoardVitals for test prep and other resources.
North Carolina State Building Codes
The most up to date North Carolina state building codes including: Building Code, Energy Conservation Code, Administrative Code and Policies, Existing Building Code, Mechanical Code, Plumbing Code, Fuel Gas Code, Residential Code, and Fire Prevention Code.
O'Reilly for Higher Education
O'Reilly for Higher Education (OHE) is a collection of full-text books and other resources specializing in computer programming and information technology. The database includes more than 35,000 book titles, plus 30,000+ hours of video, proven learning paths, case studies, expert playlists, audio books, and more.
- 24-hour ‘Ask a Librarian’ online support
- Free Wi-Fi
- Open computer access
- Laptop checkout (for current students only)
- Free printing for current students ($25 per semester allotment, based on .10 b/w and .25 color, students must pay for any printing over allotment)
- Copy services available (part of same printing allotment)
- On-site proctoring available
- Study areas
- Inter-Library Loans – can’t find the book you need in our Library? We will help you find it at one of the other 58 community college library’s and have it sent to our Library for you.
- Complete an Inter-Library Loan Request Form at the circulation desk.
- This service is only available for journal articles and books.
- Allow 5-7 business days to receive material through Inter-Library Loan.
Fall and Spring:
Monday – Thursday:
8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
8:00 am – 3:00 pm
8:00 am – 8:00 pm
8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Any changes to these hours will be posted on the Library’s front doors.
Building D 100
Contact the Library