SAP & Work-Life Services
The Student Assistance Program (SAP) is a college-sponsored benefit that offers the support and resources you need to address personal or school-related challenges and concerns. It’s confidential and free to you and your household family members.
Whatever you need, we are here to help.
Call 800.633.3353 or visit mygroup.com
Click on My Portal Login > Work-Life > Username: wilsonstudent • Password: guest
How Does it work?
- Intake Call
Initial phone call to SAP
- Needs Assessment
Meet with counselor for assessment session/s (typically, 1-2 sessions)
- Develop Problem Resolution Plan
A. Short-Term Solution-Focused Counseling
Based on detailed assessment for which short-term therapy recommended, go forward with additional sessions under SAP model.
B. Referral to Appropriate Resource(s)
Based on detailed assessment for which issue determined to be long-term, referred out of SAP for therapy and/or appropriate resources.
Assessment and Counseling
Reasons to use the SAP include marital difficulties, parenting, stress, depression, school or work-related concerns, alcohol and drug use/abuse, grief and loss, or preventative. When students and family members call the SAP, they are offered a face-to-face, telephonic or virtual counseling session in which a thorough assessment can be conducted by a licensed, experienced clinician in their area. SAP is short-term, solution-focused therapy so not all issues will be resolved within
the SAP model and may need to be referred to other resources.
- 7 content divisions: Parenting, Aging, Balancing, Thriving, Living, Working, and International
- Monthly Online Seminars and eLearning courses with certificates of completion
- Searchable databases and resource links for child care providers, elder care and related services, adoption resources, attorneys, certified financial planners, pet sitting, private and public high schools and colleges, and volunteer opportunities
- Over 100 streaming audio files and 100 video files covering a range of health topics
- Savings Center: discount shopping program offering up to 25% discounts on name-brand items
- Relocation Center: an interactive program that allows users to preview communities across the U.S.
- Free telephonic legal advice
- Free 30-minute appointment for legal consultation with a local attorney
- In most cases, 25% discount on ongoing legal services
- Legal forms available to download (such as wills, request for death certificate, etc.)
- Online legal encyclopedia
- Does not cover disputes or actions involving employer, SAP or business issues
- Free financial counseling appointments
- Issues addressed include bankruptcy, budgeting, buying a home, college savings, retirement planning
- Educational materials and financial worksheets provided prior to appointments
- 40 financial calculators available online
- ID theft recovery through credit monitoring
- Discounted credit reports
On Demand Seminars
Seminars can be found on the MYgroup home page, or you can search for them by title.
Outsource Your To-Do List
Available starting August 18: Outsourcing Your To-Do List
Learn to outsource the more thankless chores and discover a world of potential, leading towards a happier and more fulfilling way of life.
Work and Family Balance
Available starting September 15: The Secret to Work-Life Balance
Uncover the secret to securing a healthy work and family balance.
Available starting October 20: The Mental Strength Workout
Learn skills and strategies to exercise the power of your mind and increase your mental fortitude.
Healthy Ways to Cope with Stress
Available starting November 17: Building Resilience Muscles
Learn resilience by understanding yourself and identifying the mental obstacles that get in your way.
Available starting December 15: Know Your Strengths
Explore how confidence and a strengths-mindset can enable you to respond more creatively to challenges.