Wilson Community College provides opportunities for academic excellence, student success, workforce development, and community partnerships.
Values are the characteristics we believe are important in how we do our work.
- Success: Commit to continuous improvement and innovation in support of student-centered teaching and learning.
- Partnerships: Work together to achieve common goals and expand partnerships that meet the needs of students, employees, and the community we serve.
- Integrity: Operate with honesty, fairness, and transparency.
- Compassion: Understand that we all face challenges and respond with empathy and a desire to help.
- Equity: Promote a culture that values, respects, and supports individuality.
2023 – 2028 Strategic Goals
Goal 1: Student Access and Success
Students are able to enter Wilson Community College and achieve success regardless of their race, gender, or socioeconomic status.
Goal 2: Excellence in Teaching and Learning
Classes—regardless of delivery method—will include engage learners and provide the skills, knowledge and abilities students need for success.
Goal 3: Workforce Development and Community Partnerships
The college will increase workforce partnerships and ensure that more students complete short-term training and credentials that provide living wages and that meet workforce demand.
Goal 4: Employee Engagement and Development
College employees will have opportunities to enhance their professional development and growth.
Goal 5: College Environment and Resources
Employees and students will experience a safe, well-maintained environment that is supported through multiple funding sources.
Goal 6: Equity
Enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion within the college.