Interested in starting a business or growing an existing business?
The purpose of the Small Business Center is to increase the number and success rate of small businesses in Wilson County by providing high-quality assistance to prospective and existing small businesses. The Small Business Center (SBC) is a community-based provider of education and training, counseling, referral, and information.
Online registration allows scrolling to view all scheduled seminars. Once you select a seminar and are prompted to enter your registration information, the seminar title displays which requires you to click the register button again to confirm your intentions to attend and be entered on our roster. Afterwards, you will see the “continue” button which allows you to register for additional seminars by clicking and confirming again with no need to re-enter personal information again.
Services Provided by the Small Business Center
- Business Counseling – to receive no-cost confidential counseling for potential and current business owners, complete the SBC Counseling Application.
- Free Business Seminars, Webinars, and workshops – view or select Seminars and Register Online or download the SBC Client Management System Registration Form and bring it to the event, or at least 3 hours prior to the event you can email it to us or drop it by the Small Business Center located in the Lee Technology Center.
- SBC Library Resources – check out books and view other reference materials.
- SBC Client Resource Room – work confidentially on business planning with wireless computer access.
- Who can use the SBC services? Anyone interested in starting a business or currently operating a small business can visit the center.
You do NOT have to be enrolled at Wilson Community College to use SBC Services.
The Wilson Community College Small Business Center is part of the North Carolina Community College System Small Business Center Network.
SBC Online Registration is advised; however, Manual Registration forms can be emailed to us at one of the contacts noted below, faxed to the Small Business Center at (252) 237-1668, or mailed to us at the address listed below:
Wilson Community College
P.O. Box 4305
Wilson, NC 27893
ATTN: Small Business Center