The National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) is a portable, assessment-based credential that documents an individual foundational workplace skills. The National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) is based on three ACT WorkKeys® skills assessments, Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information, and Locating Information. The National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) are issued at four levels: Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze.
ACT WorkKeys® Assessments
WorkKeys is a job skills assessment system measuring “real world” skills that employers believe are critical to job success. These skills are valuable for any occupation and at any level of education. When you use WorkKeys to show you are ready to work, you have an advantage with employers who accept or require job applicants to have WorkKeys scores. A growing number of local companies and businesses and states are adopting WorkKeys to ensure that all their workers have needed skills.
These three ACT WorkKeys® assessments are the basis of the National Career Readiness Certificate
- Applied Mathematics
- Reading for Information
- Locating Information
Additional ACT WorkKeys® Assessments
- Applied Technology
- Business Writing
- Listening for Understanding (New)
- Workplace Observation
National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC) Testing Information
The examinee should arrive at the testing center (E101) 15 minutes prior to the administration of the WorkKeys’ tests. Once testing has begun, no one will be permitted to enter the testing center.
- No testing fees (cash, check, or money order) will be accepted at the testing center.
- Testing fees should be paid at the Cashier’s Office, located in the Administration Building F, before taking any of the CRC/WorkKeys’ tests.
- Third-party Voucher Letter of Payment will be accepted at the testing center.
- The CRC testing fee covers the WorkKeys’ Applied Math, Reading for Information, and Locating Information tests as well as the CRC Bronze, Silver, or Gold level certificate.
- To retake any CRC WorkKeys’ test, the retesting fee is $10.00 per test. The CRC retesting fee does not include the CRC certificate. To upgrade a CRC certificate to Silver or Gold level, the cost is $5.00.