Learn the fundamentals of cosmetology in a simulated hands-on environment. Courses are designed to provide students with the appropriate training and required number of contact hours needed to fulfill licensure requirements in accordance with the NC State Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners. Topics may include, but are not limited to, cosmetology theory and practical training, fingerwaving, hairstyling, hair cutting, shampooing, skin, nails, hair coloring, wigs, bacteriology, sanitation, chemistry, and salon management.
- Students must provide proof of graduation from high school or equivalent. Interested students are required to take the Mitchell’s placement test in the Wilson Community College Library in D-100.
- Must score 75% to enroll.
- Upon successful completion of placement testing, students will be notified of the steps to complete their enrollment.
- Classes meet Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Upon successful completion of Cosmetology I, II and III, students are qualified to take the State Board of Cosmetic Art Examination. Classes are located off-campus at Mitchell’s Academy.