Learn the fundamentals of cosmetology in a simulated hands-on environment. Courses are designed to provide students with the appropriate training and required number of contact hours needed to fulfill licensure requirements in accordance with the NC State Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners. Topics may include, but are not limited to, cosmetology theory and practical training, fingerwaving, hairstyling, hair cutting, shampooing, skin, nails, hair coloring, wigs, bacteriology, sanitation, chemistry, and salon management.
The Cosmetology program takes 3-4 semesters to complete and consists of 3 courses.
Upon successful completion of Cosmetology I, II, and III, students are qualified to take the NC State Board of Cosmetic Art Examination.
All classes run Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., with 30-minute lunch.
All classes are held at the WCC Cosmetic Arts Center at 2616 Forest Hills Road.
Technology Fee: $5.00
Textbooks & Kit (Required): Contact the Bookstore at 252-246-1222 for current cost
Registration is June 12, 2023 – August 18, 2023
- Students must provide proof of graduation from high school or equivalent.
- Interested students are required to take the Cosmetic Arts Center placement test prior to registration.
- To schedule a placement test, please contact Tonya Brinkley at 252-246-1356 or email email@example.com.
- Must score 75% to enroll.
- Upon successful completion of placement testing, students will be notified of the steps to complete their enrollment.
Careers in Cosmetology
The salary range for Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists in NC is $16,668 – $39,052, according to NCcareers.org
All services are walk-in and include cut, trim, style, color, perms, relaxers, facials, and manicures. Cosmetic Art School work is done exclusively by students. Download the Guest Services Price Sheet for details and pricing information.