Learn the fundamentals of cosmetology in a simulated hands-on environment. Courses are designed to provide students with the appropriate training and required number of contact hours needed to fulfill licensure requirements in accordance with the NC State Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners. Topics may include, but are not limited to, cosmetology theory and practical training, fingerwaving, hairstyling, hair cutting, shampooing, skin, nails, hair coloring, wigs, bacteriology, sanitation, chemistry, and salon management.
- Students must provide proof of graduation from high school or equivalent. Interested students are required to take the Mitchell’s Academy placement test prior to registration.
- Placement tests are administered in the Wilson Community College Library Proctoring Center. Schedule your placement test at least 48 hours in advance.
- Must score 75% to enroll.
- Upon successful completion of placement testing, students will be notified of the steps to complete their enrollment.
- Classes meet Tuesday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Mitchell’s Academy, 2616 Forest Hills Road, Wilson, NC 27893.
- Upon successful completion of Cosmetology I, II and III, students are qualified to take the State Board of Cosmetic Art Examination.