- Students must be enrolled in the certificate program to be eligible to receive the special program recognition and certificate. Students who have completed required courses at Wilson Community College within two years of the announced start-up date may apply for advanced standing.
- Students must complete all program requirements within three years of their start date in the program. The starting date will be determined by the first day of the first course taken after acceptance in the program.
- Students may apply for transfer credit acceptance of equivalent courses completed successfully at another training facility in North Carolina, with the following stipulations:
- Documentation for all courses for which a student is applying for credit should be submitted at time of application.
- Credit acceptance is limited to the following courses: Basic Traffic Accident Investigation, DWI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing, Drug Enforcement for Patrol Officers, and Radar Operator Certification. This allows for 27% program recognition of non-Wilson Community College training.
- The student will be required to provide a transcript, certificate or other official record documenting the course title, hours, date, time and place of the training. The student will provide documentary evidence of course content in the form of a student manual, course outline or other documentary evidence acceptable to the Wilson Community College In-Service Coordinator.
- Each enrolled student in the program will have a student file maintained by the In-Service Coordinator documenting credit acceptance from other training facilities.
- Students will be required to attend 90% of each required course in the program, pass a written examination with a minimum score of 70%, and successfully complete all practical skill requirements.
Classes required for certificate
|Basic Traffic Accident Investigation (credit given for BLET unit)||21 hours|
|Intermediate Traffic Accident Investigation||40 hours|
|Advanced Traffic Accident Investigation||40 hours|
|Traffic Accident Reconstruction||80 hours|
|DWI Detection & Standardized Field Sobriety Testing||28 hours|
|Drugs That Impair||8 hours|
|Drug Interdiction||24 hours|
|Drug Enforcement For Patrol Officers||24 hours|
|Verbal Judo||16 hours|
|Enhancing Interpersonal Skills||16 hours|
|Ethics For Law Enforcement Officers||8 hours|
|Report Writing For Patrol Personnel||16 hours|
|Effective Courtroom Testimony||16 hours|
|Radar Operator Certification||40 hours|
|Survival Spanish||32 hours|
|Officer Survival: Vehicle Stop Techniques||12 hours|