Wilson Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award the associate degree. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Wilson Community College.
Wilson Community College’s Associate Degree Nursing and Practical Nursing Education programs have approval by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
The Surgical Technology Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) through the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARC/STSA).
The Wilson Community College Paralegal Technology Program is designated a qualified paralegal studies program by the North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification.
In addition Wilson Community College’s Continuing Education Division is certified or approved by the following:
- Nurse Aide I and Nurse Aide Refresher: NC Department of Health and Human Services
- Nurse Aide II: NC Board of Nursing
- EMT Basic, Intermediate, Paramedic and Con Ed: NC Office of Emergency Services
- B.L.E.T., Radar Certification and Instructor Training: NC Criminal Justice Training and Standards Commission
- Detention Officer: NC Sheriffs’ Education and Training Standards Commission
- Fire/Rescue Training: NC Fire and Rescue Commission
Tuition and Costs of Attendance
Tuition is established by the North Carolina General Assembly. The current tuition rate and schedule of fees are also listed in the College Catalog. A net price calculator can help determine the costs associated with attending Wilson Community College.
Withdrawals and Refunds
Students must officially withdraw from courses to be eligible for refunds. For curriculum classes, students will receive a 100% refund of tuition and fees if they withdraw before classes begin or if a class registered for is canceled. A 75% refund is given once classes begin and up to the 10% point of the semester. Information on refund policies can be found in the College Catalog.