Disability Services

//Disability Services
Disability Services 2018-02-20T10:07:49+00:00

At Wilson Community College, we want your educational experience to be complete, positive, and fulfilling. We realize that some students learn differently. We know that reasonable accommodations can provide you with equal access to the learning environment. We want to assist you in getting the education that you need to enter the workforce or to transfer to a four-year institution.

Our instructors and staff have experience working with students who have disabilities. Also, our buildings provide adequate architectural and structural access for students with physical disabilities.

Our policy

Wilson Community College has adopted the following policy to guide its delivery of services to students with disabilities:

No otherwise qualified individual shall solely by reason of disability be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity at Wilson Community College.

The College will make appropriate reasonable accommodations in instructional delivery and provide supplemental services to enable students with disabilities to participate in activities compatible with their condition and interests.

Services we offer:

  • Use of personal tape recorders in class.
  • Tutoring in content areas.
  • Special testing arrangements for specific courses.
  • Academic and career counseling.
  • Special classroom seating.
  • Interpreters for the hearing impaired.
  • Computer labs with word processors with spell-check functions.
  • Registration assistance.
  • Voter registration assistance.
  • Software for access to computers and websites for the visually impaired.
  • Contact with Vocational Rehabilitation services, NC Commission for the Blind, and other community agencies serving people with disabilities.
  • Alternate format textbooks.
  • Note takers.

We’re here to help you succeed.

Links with additional Disability Services information:

If you need a service that is not listed, please contact: