CARES Act Emergency Grant Information
Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act Emergency Funds
The federal CARES Act provided funding for colleges to offer financial assistance to eligible students who incurred expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19. Wilson Community College received a total of $718,656 through Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund, with a minimum allocation of $359,328 to be awarded for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students, in accordance with the College’s Certification of Agreement. As of October 8, 2020, the College awarded $464,300 in emergency grants to students.
Only students who were or could be eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (HEA), received emergency financial aid grants based on the following criteria:
- Completed the 2019-2020 FAFSA.
- Eligible US Citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Male students must be registered for Selective Service (females are exempt).
- Have a valid Social Security number.
- Enrolled at WCC in at least one face-to-face class for the Spring 2020 semester.
Students must have been enrolled in an academic program that met eligibility requirements for federal funding. The programs listed below were not eligible for CARES Act emergency grant funding.
- Career and College Promise (CCP) – dual enrolled high school students taking college classes
- Early College High School – WECA and WAAT
- Continuing Education – non-credit classes, i.e. Nurse Aide, Advanced Manufacturing, HRD
- GED/Adult High School
- Mechanical Engineering Diploma
- Curriculum Certificate Programs, excluding Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) Certificate
- Special Credit – students who are not completing a degree, diploma, or certificate at WCC
CARES Act/CRRSAA/HEER Student AID Reporting
CARES Act Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting under CARES Act Section 18004(a)(1) Institutional Portion
CARES Act/CRRSAA Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting under CARES Act Section 18004(a)(1) Institutional Portion
CARES Act/CRRSAA/ARP Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting under CARES Act Section 18004(a)(1) Institutional Portion
CARES Act/CRRSAA/ARP Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting under CARES Act Section 18004(a)(1) Institutional Portion and Student Portion