A product of the North Carolina Community College’s Minority Male Success Initiative, I.M.A.G.E. (Influential Men Achieving Greatness through Education) is an all-male organization (with an intensive focus on minority males) aimed at providing resources and support to males at Wilson Community College. The support provided through I.M.A.G.E. not only has a focus on a students’ academic success, but also their emotional and social well-being. It is our goal to provide students with the tools they need to be successful during their time here at Wilson Community College and beyond!
I.M.A.G.E. has a continuous goal of not only increasing the campus wide GPA of our Minority Male students on campus, but to also encourage utilization of campus resources and services provided to all of our students on a daily basis at Wilson Community College.
As a member of I.M.A.G.E. students will have access to:
- College and local business tours
- Community Service Opportunities
- Leadership opportunities on campus and and the community
- Individualized Success Coaching
- Networking Opportunities
- Guest speakers specifically for IMAGE Members
As a part of I.M.A.G.E., students participate in a Passport program.
Each semester, students are required to:
- Attend a minimum of 2 campus events
- Attend a minimum of 3 educational/ career workshops
- Complete One community service opportunity
- Attend at-least 3 meetings with a faculty mentor
If anyone is interested in becoming a member of I.M.A.G.E please contact an advisor.