Wilson Community College is a comprehensive community college and a proud member of the North Carolina Community College System. The College has an “open-door-policy”, which means that students are assisted in selecting programs that serve their needs and objectives in life, consistent with their background, aptitudes and expressed interests. Some programs have additional admissions requirements.
Admissions Procedures for New and Re-admitted Students
The following steps must be completed for admission to a curriculum program before official acceptance is granted:
- Go to www.ncresidency.org and select “Complete Residency Determination”. Follow the steps to obtain a residency certification number (RCN).
- Submit an online application for admission using www.CFNC.org. Please note the username and password used to complete the residency determination and to complete the online application for admission will be the same. In addition, you will be unable to submit your application for admission without the RCN.
- Request an official transcript from all high school and post high school academic work to be sent directly to the Office of Admissions in Student Development. The Director of Enrollment Services/Registrar will review transcripts to determine if placement testing is required.
- Take placement tests (if required).
- Meet with your advisor and register for classes.
Not Sure Where to Start? Let’s Look at Your Goals
- You want to earn an Associate Degree, Diploma, or Certificate and directly enter the workforce.
- You want an Associate Degree that will transfer to another college/university to finish a four-year degree (an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science).
- You want to take a course as a Special Credit student that will transfer back to another educational institution or want to pick up curriculum courses without enrolling in a degree program.
- You want to take courses for enrichment and continuing education.
- You want to complete your High School Equivalency Diploma.
- You need help deciding.
The best way to learn more about Wilson Community College is to spend time on campus. We invite you to visit and discover what makes this a college with something for everyone!
We offer Campus Tours every first and last Thursday beginning at 3:00 p.m. All tours begin in F-100 (building F, suite 100). Our campus tours typically last one hour, which includes time with an admissions counselor to talk about programs and the admissions process as well as a walking tour of the campus to highlight buildings and programs. We ask that you “RSVP” and let us know you will be coming for the tour.