Plan and Research
- Start with your future in mind. What major or degree do you want to pursue at a four-year college or university? You will need to know what direction you want to go, so Wilson Community College can place you on the right track to transfer with the maximum number of courses for that program.
- Go to College Foundation of North Carolina (CFNC) to research majors, careers and the degrees needed for those jobs, and for possible scholarships.
- Complete the interest inventory under the “Plan for a Career” tab to see what careers might be a good fit based on what you enjoy doing.
- Check out the “Plan for College” tab to explore different majors and the colleges that offer those programs.
- Review the options to fund your education under the “Pay” tab including grants, scholarships, and loans.
- Contact people who are currently working in the job or career you want and/or students who are attending the college or university where you would like to transfer. Find out what they like/dislike and any tips they might have for you at the start of your educational journey.
- Submit an application through Wilson Community College or CFNC, in person at Student Development in Building F, room 100, or through the mail.
- Submit an official high school, high school equivalency, and/or college transcript. An Admissions Counselor will be able to determine if placement testing is needed based on your past credentials and experiences.
- Fill out a FAFSA form to determine your eligibility for federal and state financial aid.
- Talk with our Financial Aid Office personnel about additional/local scholarships and aid opportunities.