Work-Based Learning is designed to give students enrolled in curriculum programs an opportunity to work on a job while completing their degrees. This combination of classroom instruction with practical/related work experience provides numerous benefits to participating students.
Work-Based Learning students work from one to three semesters in part-time or full-time jobs with employers approved by the College. Academic credit is earned for the learning gained during the Work-Based Learning work period. Students are contacted periodically by the Work-Based Learning coordinator and/or their advisor and receive on-the-job supervision by the employer.
All students enrolled in programs that offer the option of Work-Based Learning for academic credit, and who have completed a minimum of two full-time academic semesters (at least 24 semester hours), are eligible to enter the Work-Based Learning program if they meet the following conditions:
- Academic standing of at least a 2.0 GPA.
- Approval from the Work-Based Learning coordinator and faculty advisor.
- Supervisor willing to direct the Work-Based Learning experience who is legitimately in charge of the student (this includes students who are owner/operators of a business).
The following Wilson Community College programs currently participate in Work-Based Learning:
Interested students should complete the following application. If accepted, the faculty advisor will complete the Work-Based Learning approval form.
- January 18, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
- January 19, 2021 at 12 noon
- May 20, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
- May 24, 2021 at 12 noon