The guaranteed admission programs offer a structured pathway for progressing directly from an associate’s degree to a bachelor’s degree. Students who participate in one of the guaranteed admission programs are considered fully admitted to the community college and conditionally admitted to either ECU, NC Wesleyan, or NC State. Successful completion of any college transfer degree program grants the student guaranteed admission to the four-year institution. Note: Competitive programs are not guaranteed.
- Waived transfer application fee
- Access to advisors at the transfer school
- Baccalaureate degree program planning and preparation for successful transition
- Visits from transfer school representatives including admissions and financial aid
- Access to select campus facilities at transfer school
- Access to campus programming and student activities and organizations
Prepare for your future: join the Pirate Nation with Pirate Promise. ECU extends an invitation to participate from your community college before you graduate and transfer. Pirate Promise is the starting point for full-time community college students to attend special events, get advising and have support as you transfer to ECU.
Get these benefits:
- Guaranteed admission to ECU with a completed associate degree (see link below for list of approved associate degrees)
- Waived ECU application fee
- A dedicated transfer coach
- Joint academic advising
- Eligible to purchase an ECU 1 Card to get access to:
- Athletic tickets
- Campus recreation opportunities
- Campus events
- Library resources
- Community Writing Center
- Access to ECU Libraries
- Access to Virtual Job Shadow, ECU Career Services’ virtual workshop series
- Participate in select campus activities including “invitation only” Pirate Promise events at ECU.
- And much, much, more at Student Affairs
By participating you will have a seamless degree-completion pathway to graduation at ECU.
Meet these requirements to be eligible:
- You are enrolling or already a full-time student in your first year at one of the NC Community College Pirate Promise schools in an associate degree program (AA, AE, AFA, AAS, AS, Early Childhood Education)
- You are a full-time student (minimum 12 hours a semester) unless you are an Early College or Career and College Promise student
- Early College and Career and College Promise students are eligible if pursuing an approved associate degree and in their junior year of high school.
- To retain eligibility, students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5.
The Pirate Promise program does not guarantee admission to a specific major or program. The Pirate Promise is not an application to ECU. Students are encouraged to submit an application to ECU six months prior to graduating from WCC.
The Pirate Promise application period is March 1 to April 1.
Please note, your community college will verify your eligibility.
NC State has partnered with Wilson Community College to offer the Community College Collaboration (C3) dual-admission, dual-enrollment program.
C3 is intended for community college students from low-to-moderate income backgrounds with demonstrated potential for academic success who aspire to transfer to NC State after completing their associate degree.
C3 provides academic and program support for students during their time in community college and prepares them for a successful transition to NC State and timely completion of a bachelor’s degree.
Get these Benefits:
- C3 students will be assigned an NC State academic advisor upon admission.
- Students will have direct access to NC State’s specialized online advising and course planning tools.
- Students are able to enroll in designated NC State courses while enrolled at WCC without paying additional tuition.
- Students will have opportunities to attend networking programs and specialized C3 activities.
Wesleyan Works is a transfer program designed for community college students who plan to continue their education at North Carolina Wesleyan University.
Get these Benefits:
- Guaranteed admission to NCWU for WCC’s AA, AS, and AAS graduates
- Access to academic advising and financial aid counseling through NCWU
- Access to attend events on NCWS’s main campus in Rocky Mount, NC
Application & Acceptance
- Students are able to apply for admission to NCWU at any time during their program at WCC, gaining access to advising and a waiver of the application fee.
- NCWU guarantees acceptance upon completion of an eligible associate’s degree.
Requirements of the program include:
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA and in Good Academic Standing
- Be at Least 21 Years of Age – The Vice President of Adult & Professional Studies has the right to waive this requirement upon successful completion of the age waiver process.
- Complete NCWC’s Free Application
- Complete Your Free Federal Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA School Code 002951).
You can add up to 10 school codes to your FAFSA without impacting your financial aid at the attending Community College.
- Complete the AA/AS/AAS Degree with the Attending Community College
- Submit an Official College Transcript from Each School Previously Attended
For more information, visit Wesleyan Works.
For a list of Wesleyan Works degree programs, visit NCWU’s Adult Degree Programs
UNCW is committed to creating access opportunities and meaningful partnerships to support transfer student success. UNCW is in the process of re-launching the guaranteed transfer admission program (formerly Pathways to Excellence), re-branded as PathWays. The PathWays program will provide guaranteed access for students transferring between the North Carolina Community College System and the UNCW System. It is a pathway for guaranteed transfer admission to UNCW for students completing an AA, AS, AE, AATP, ASTP, or AFA from a North Carolina Community College.
The PathWays program will re-launch in January 2024. Students who have not yet joined UNCW’s guaranteed admission program can indicate their interest at the UNCW PathWays Intetest Form, and more information will be provided once the program re-launches. Any students who had previously opted into Pathways to Excellence will automatically be transitioned in to the new program, pending a partnership agreement with their community college.
- Tailored transfer coaching and pre-enrollment assistance from a Transfer Success Coordinator. Transfer Success Coordinators are available to meet with students at their community college and collaborate with community college advising staff to create a path for successful transfer for students.
- Waived transfer application fee.
- Priority consideration for transfer merit scholarships.
- Personalized communication about the transfer process, including upcoming deadlines, transferring credits, and opportunities for getting involved at UNCW.
- Access to unique campus visit opportunities and events for all PathWays students and participating institutions.