Accessing any college-provided account or system implies an agreement to follow the College’s guidelines outlined in the Student Acceptable Use Policy.
Student Login Information
- Email Address (all lowercase)
- First name initial
- Last name initial
- Last four digits of WCC Student ID
- Example: xx1234
- Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Default Password
- First 2 letters of last name (first letter is capital)
- 6-digit birthdate (MMDDYY)
- Example: Xx112233
- Every student is assigned a College issued student email account when they are accepted to the college.
- Go to the WCC Office 365 Portal to login to your student email.
- Student Email Quick Start Guide
- If you have trouble logging in to your student email, try resetting your password at https://wccreset.wilsoncc.edu/. You can also email Technology Support Services at email@example.com or call 252-246-1224 for assistance.
- Moodle is Wilson Community College’s learning management system. If you have registered for a seated, online (NT), hybrid (HY), hyflex (HF) or blended (BL) course, go to Moodle to find your course materials and get started.
- Moodle uses the same username and password as student email.
Students must verify their enrollment in each course to avoid being dropped from a course. The type of course determines the method of enrollment verification that is acceptable. Please refer to the list below for acceptable enrollment verification for each type of course.
- Online (NT) – Students must complete the Enrollment Verification Quiz in Moodle, by the census date, to verify enrollment.
- Hybrid (HY) – Students in a hybrid course can either attend class by the census date, or complete the Enrollment Verification Quiz in Moodle, by the census date, to verify enrollment.
- Hyflex (HF) – Students in a hyflex course must either physically attend or join remotely at the scheduled time, by the census date, to verify enrollment.
- Blended (BL) – Students in a blended course can either attend class by the census date, or complete the Enrollment Verification Quiz in Moodle, by the census date, to verify enrollment.
- Traditional seated courses – Students must attend class, by the census date, to verify enrollment.
Students that do not meet enrollment verification guidelines by the census date, will be dropped from the course.
Moodle Support for Students
If this is your first time taking an online course at Wilson Community College, or you are having trouble getting started in Moodle, see the resources below.
- A Moodle Quick Start Guide is available to assist you in accessing Moodle for the first time.
- Once you get access to Moodle, complete the Moodle-101-for-Students course in your “My Courses” list in Moodle to learn the basics on navigating and submitting coursework.
When to Access Courses
- New student accounts are created in Moodle 24 hours after registering for classes.
- Students are automatically enrolled in the Moodle 101 for Students resource course each semester.
- New students are encouraged to complete this course to become familiar with how to navigate and use Moodle.
- Returning students can use this as a resource anytime they need a refresher on how use specific Moodle features.
- All curriculum courses have a Moodle presence and will be available at 8:00 a.m. on the first day of the term.
- HY, BL, and NT continuing education courses that use Moodle will be available by 8:00 a.m. on the first day of the course.