The Division of Continuing Education has scholarships available for students taking Cosmetology, Nurse Aide I & II, and Bioworks courses.
Student Eligibility: To be considered for this scholarship program, a student must:
- Be a U.S. citizen and a North Carolina resident.
- Be in one of the following target groups: unemployment insurance claimants, unemployed & underemployed adults, member of the NC National Guard, or military veterans & spouses. Note: Underemployed will be defined as individuals earning 200% below the federal poverty level. Preference will be given to students with limited or no access to financial aid from other programs.
- Be enrolled in a short-term training program (96 hours or more) that leads to a state-regulated or industry-recognized credential that is offered through Continuing Education.
- Not be a Director, employee or family member of an employee of the State Employees’ Credit Union or SECU Foundation.
- Provide verification of income (Provide one of the following: Tax Return, W2, Pay Stub, *Non Filing Status Letter from the IRS). Students without demonstrated incomes may use an alternative documentation from the Department of Social Services, Local/Public Housing Authority, and/or local homeless shelters to prove eligibility.
All applications must be submitted by April 26, 2018.
For more information, contact: Jane Elliott • email@example.com • 252-246-1253