Proctoring is available for WCC students only on the following dates:
- April 24 – May 8, 2023
- July 10 – July 24, 2023
Other dates available by request.
Proctoring Procedures for WCC Students
- Proctoring for WCC courses/students is free.
- Proctoring is not available for non-WCC students at this time.
- Appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- Wilson CC students must present a valid photo ID prior to receiving access to an exam.
- All cell phones, electronic devices, and personal items not approved for the exam session, must be left in the student’s vehicle. If outside items are brought to the testing center, the staff will not be responsible for any personal items.
- If any issues or problems occur during an exam, the proctor will contact the instructor/professor immediately, providing that contact information has been provided.
- If the proctor observes cheating, plagiarism, or any violation of test integrity, they will note the violation and contact the instructor/professor immediately, providing that contact information has been provided.
- The Proctoring Center is not liable for any disputes related to proctored exams. Any disputes shall be resolved between student and instructor.
- Students taking proctored exams are expected to abide by Wilson Community College’s Code of Conduct and Civility and the WCC Acceptable Use Policy for Students.
Schedule a Proctoring Appointment
Make a Proctoring Appointment at the WCC Library.
- Arrangements may be made for off-site proctored exams for WCC students with extenuating circumstances that prevent them from taking their proctored exam on the Wilson Community College campus.
- If you believe you qualify for off-site proctoring, notify your instructor and Terrence Martin, WCC Head Librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org) of your extenuating circumstance and request for off-site proctoring.
- You are responsible for finding a suitable proctor and scheduling an appointment with the proctor to take your exam during the time frame allotted by your instructor.
- Acceptable proctors include, but are not limited to: Principals, Vice Principals, Librarians, Teachers, or School Counselors.
- Once you have found a suitable proctor, email their name, title, and email address (no personal emails) to Terrence Martin, WCC Head Librarian (email@example.com).
- Wilson Community College reserves the right to make the final determination on the approval of off-site proctoring requests and proctors.
Hours of Operation
The Proctoring Center is located in the Wilson CC Library in D100.
Fall and Spring:
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
For more information contact:
Phone: (252) 246-1251