Here you will find information and resources to help you in all aspects of your career search! Career Development offers guidance to students and graduates through a variety of personalized interactions. In addition to face-to-face workshops, seminars, and one-on-one appointments, Career Development offers self-directed, web-based resources designed to assist individuals in making informed decisions concerning their education and career path.
Webinars and seminars will be offered throughout the year to provide opportunities for assistance to students and graduates.
Career Development provides individual assistance and online resources for:
- Career Assessment and Exploration
- Career and Major Counseling
- Job Applications
- Resume Assistance
- Interview Strategies
- Cover Letters
- Thank You Letters
- Using Social Media in your Job Search
- Career Portfolios
The Big Interview
We are pleased to offer you a free training system that features a new and innovative way to help you prepare more effectively for a job interview. Big Interview is an online system that combines training AND practice to help improve your interview technique and build your confidence.
You have at your disposal a variety of tools including:
- Challenging, virtual mock interviews for all experience levels and dozens of industries
- A database of thousands of interview questions with tips on how to answer them
- The ability to rate and share your interview answers for feedback
- A comprehensive video training curriculum covering all aspects of landing a job
- A step-by-step interview Answer Builder for crafting answers to behavioral questions
Register for a Big Interview Account
- STEP 1: Go to Wilson Community College’s Big Interview and click “Register”.
- STEP 2: Complete registration process
- STEP 3: You’ll then receive a confirmation email at your SCHOOL email address. Click “Verify” in the email, and you’ll be able to start using Big Interview.
Career Center (Self-Directed):
Room F-105e (in the Financial Aid Suite)
Monday – Thursday: 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM (closed on Friday during summer months)
To schedule an individual appointment contact:
Student Development Career Counselor