What is Career and College Promise (CCP)?
Through North Carolina state legislation, the Career and College Promise (CCP) Program provides opportunities for eligible high school students to take tuition-free, college courses for dual credit (credit in the high school and college at the same time). Taking CCP courses accelerates completion of college certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees that provide entry-level job skills and/or lead to college transfer credit.
Benefits of CCP Courses
- Affordability and Cost Savings – college classes are tuition free, in many cases books are free too.
- Enhances students’ achievements in the classroom and beyond – college classes are taught by qualified faculty who are experts in their fields and provide a rigorous college experience for students seeking academic challenges and hands-on, skills-based learning.
- Experiencing College – taking a college class while in high school provides experience in a responsive and helpful environment before transitioning to being a full-time, independent college student.
- Career Exploration and Assessments
- NC Community College to UNC System Transfer Guide
- Independent Comprehensive Articulation Agreement Participating Independent & Private Colleges
- How To Study Effectively
- Frequently Asked Questions